At Douglas Martin we want your time in the property to be as enjoyable and stress free as possible. This guide is to assist you in making decisions should you incur a maintenance issue ensuring correct action is taken.
We are always happy to assist you whether it is advice on your tenancy agreement or the arrangement of maintenance, we are only a phone call away. Please do remember that we are only able to arrange for any maintenance work on properties managed by Douglas Martin. This guide is not a replacement to our service but simply an aid and our staff will always welcome your call.
What we expect from you as tenants:
To look after the property as you would your own home and deal with minor maintenance issues as per your tenancy agreement. The following are examples of what tenants are expected to be able to deal with:
- Replacing Light Bulbs.
- Replacing Batteries in smoke alarms, doorbells and thermostats.
- Regularly checking smoke alarms, making sure they working.
- Tightening loose screws, for example in door handles.
- Checking fuses when they trip.
- Cleaning of mould if formed.